22.6.10

My WeEkEnD- Pt. 1 oF 3




Hi all! I've had a grea weekend! A horse show, a wedding and a Father's Day fishing trip up North. I'm going to do this in 3 parts {#1 is Saturady. #2 is Sunday and #3 is Monday}Starting with Saturday, so here we go!





Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will trust the name of the LORD our God.

                                                          Psalms 20:7



Howdy all! Today I feel very country-ish! Today our 4-H club hosted a horse show, and I got a tiny bit sunburned. Even though I put sun screen on. So, my arms are all red, so is my face. Ouch!

Me at the out gate

 


But the horse show was really good, we all had jobs to do. Before lunch I was a runner from the judges’ stand to other people, and also a message carrier. After lunch I manned the out gate. Opening and closing it when necessary. That’s when I got too much sun. but it was fun. Friends, subs from Jimmy John’s {I LOVE those things!} and getting tan {or red}. And watching amazing horses. God has made them so amazingly! Hearing a horse gallop is awesome. And you hear a lot of galloping the speed section of the show! Which I think is very thrilling. :)



My mom took these pictures. I know, I know, I should’ve. I even thought about it, but didn’t go and get the camera. Whoops. So here they are:





I took this one. A saddle was just sitting on the ground so I took some up-close shots of it . Saddles have so much detail, they make great close-ups!



 Daddy……



 G was the ringmaster {aka the Judge’s helper, she ran the results to the stand where the announcer was and helped line up horses} She was great at it, and it looked like she had a lot of fun. {G LOVES horses}




 M in a too-cute hat that Mommy made….



N was in charge of handing out ribbons…. {To the people who won, of course}



Speed…fun!








Putting the flag back into the bucket for the flag race…










This girl was soooo fast, she won a lot of ribbons in speed.



 Anxious spectating…





When we got home and had dinner, bathes, and I checked my e-mail, I saw this…..

BEE-utiful!







And the cats were at the back door and observing a frog…or was it ignoring the frog?





The frog





Here are some misc. pictures I took recently:

One of the new goats, I don’t know which.

Ditto



N brought in her eggs from her chickens and a feather came in as well, so I placed the feather on the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If you'd like to comment but don't have a Google account just click either the "Anonymous" {And sign w/ your name} or the "Name/URL" option. There is also a "Open ID" option which lets you use a LiveJournal, WordPress, AIM, or TypePad account to leave a comment. Thanks so much for commenting! :D