22.6.10

My WeEkEnD-Pt 3

On Monday we went to Rose City's Lake George for a late Father's Day present for Daddy. {Daddy loves fishing and he wanted to go as a family to Rose City and fish. But since we had a wedding to go to, we went on Monday} I had a bad attitude about going {I don't like fishing at all or getting up at 6:00 am to go fishing, which is what we did} but I had fun once we got there. And I took lots of pictures.

Lake George is surronded by cottages and houses people live in year round. It was very quiet when we went and it was a gorgeous day. I didn't go swimming, but  my siblings loved jumping out of the boat. I mostly waded. And I read a great book. Which was The Borrowed House by Hilda van Stockum. It is a great read!


My hair-do

It's two pigtails that are twisted into the pony tail


The collection of shells that they found


A shell and a clam-like thing on a wood plank


Our catch of blue-gills







While we were fishing, G and Mommy went to a bakery in Rose City and got some doughnuts. They were sooo good!


Lily pads


Daddy driving the boat back to the beach


This was a little road by the beach and reminded me of something from Anne Of Green Gables.


Me!


A Flag at the beach



Wendy from Peter Pan did a great job of sewing my shadow to me. :)


This is my sunshine friend, she always is around when it is sunshine-y out!


This is a closed restaraunt by the boat launch. It looked really sad. :(


I love being in Northern MI and looking over a hill and seeing trees and more hills. It feels like you're on top of the world!


Every time we go fishing at George Lake we like to get ice cream at this one convience center. The center is right across the street from a national park and we've gone camping a few time there with Miranda's family and my Grandama. But it's not very popular because of the fact there are no showers or running water.


I got the Orange-Pinapple flavor. It was okay, but I don't want to get it again.

We all got single scoop icecream cones, but they were HUGE!


N dropped her cone onto her skirt. Whoops.

And M ate out of the sides of the cone and got ice cream all over her hands!

Can you guess what flavor she got?

The convience center has a put-put course next to it and the colors in those things are really nice.


That's it for the weekend series, I hope you enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If you'd like to comment but don't have a Google account just click either the "Anonymous" {And sign w/ your name} or the "Name/URL" option. There is also a "Open ID" option which lets you use a LiveJournal, WordPress, AIM, or TypePad account to leave a comment. Thanks so much for commenting! :D